I saw an article about 100 things to do before you die in my hometown and I thought it would be nice to do it for Phoenix. I’m sure others have done similar lists, but here’s mine. I’m not finished yet and if you have any ideals for me, please post them. I haven’t done all these things, but I still have some time left to get them done.
1. Go see a spring training game.
2. Go see a Diamondbacks game.
3. Go see a Suns game.
4. Go see a Cardinals game.
5. Go see a Coyotes game.
6. Go see an ASU football game.
7. Go see an ASU basketball game.
8. Drive up to the Grand Canyon.
9. Climb the five highest peaks in Maricopa County.
10. Walk, run or bike a canal.
11. Visit the Phoenix Zoo
12. Visit the Phoenix Botanical Society
13. Spend some time reading at the main Phoenix library.
14. See the lobby of the Luhrs Building downtown.
15.Drive the Apache Trail
16. Ride MetroLink from start to finish.
17. Visit Fat Man’s Pass in South Mountain.
18. Run or walk the New Times 5k, 10k or both.
19. Have a picnic on top of Camelback Mountain.
20. See the lighting of the Tumbleweed Christmas Tree in Chandler
21. See the Christmas lights at the Glendale Glitters Specatacular.
22. Drive north to play in the snow.
23. Go to the Arizona State Fair.
24. Participate in the Rock and Roll Marathon (run, walk, volunteer, cheer)
25. Participate in the Ironman Triathlon (as an athlete, volunteer, cheer)
26. Visit the Mystery Castle.
27. Eat lots of Southwestern or Mexican food.
28. Visit the Heard
29. Go to a Rodeo or the O’odham Tash
30. See the Barrett – Jackson Auto Auction.
31. Go to the Phoenix Open
32. Go to the Renaissance Festival in Gold Canyon.
33. See the arts in downtown Scottsdale.
34. Drive down the Salt River Canyon.
35. Go tubing on the Salt.
36. Go boating on Tempe Lake.
37. Go to the Fiesta Bowl.
38. See a Mercury game.
39. Take a tour of the Diamondbacks stadium.
40. Take a tour of the Cardinals new dome.
41. drive out to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum.
42. Visit Rawhide Western Town.
43. Visit Taliesin West, Frank Lloyd Wright’s home.
44. Take a hot air balloon ride over Phoenix.
45. Visit the Arizona Science Center.
46. Go to the Matsuri: Japanese Festival
47. Ride the Verde Canyon Railroad
48. Christmas lights at the Mesa Mormon Temple.
49. Christmas lights on Natal Circle in Mesa.