Who Should You Call??

If you have started having trouble making your house payments or anticipate having trouble in the near future, you may want to ask for some advice or help. The US Department of Housing and Urban Development has a listing by state of approved housing counselors on their website.

HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies for AZ

They also have Tips for Avoiding Foreclosure and a lot of other valuable information. One of the first things listed, which I have heard recommended by others as well, is to call your lender and explain your situation and ask for help. If your lender can’t help, you might want to call one of the approved counseling agencies for advice. There are some new government programs to help struggling home owners and the counseling agencies should have current information about the programs.